Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Signs of Spring



You would not know it by looking out my window (given that it has been snowing off and on for two weeks! Ahem.), but spring is coming. I have decide that the Central Oregon seasons and I are very compatible; like our weather, Winter in my own life has not completely eased her grasp, but there are small and promising hints of new life beginning to push their way out of what had appeared to be barren soil- light where there had seemed only darkness.

I have posted very infrequently this past year, and much of what I have written has taken on an often despairing tone, but I wanted to let you know that I have really appreciated those of you who have been an encouragement to me. I am very much a what-you-see-is-what-you-get sort of gal; in real life I am transparent and in my writing I am as well; not everyone is comfortable with this because sometimes it looks messy, but for those who do stick it out, I think it speaks volumes about their character.

I hope to share soon, some of the new things God is doing in my family.

Mostly though, I wanted to say thanks. Thanks for reaching out to let me know that you have been praying and for your encouraging words. Your prayers have been powerful and effective and I consider you all friends.

Kathi

2 comments:

Christine said...

I love your transparency. It's part of the reason why I feel like we're old friends, even though we've never met. What a beautiful picture you posted too. Continuing to pray for you and your family.

MarshaMarshaMarsha said...

That picture is gorgeous!

Life is messy at times. Thanks for keeping it real, Kathi. I appreciate that about you.

I <3 Spring.